This series of four papercut maps was designed to capture and celebrate Londons soul, the River Thames.
Whether you are looking for a statement piece of London art to adorn your own walls or a very, very special gift for a loved one, these are sure to grab attention & spark discussion.
A strictly limited number of 100 pieces of this multilayered papercut London map series will be produced, every one is an artist's original having been handcrafted, signed & dated in his floating studio.
When an order is placed, Andrew will recreate this design over two weeks by intricately cutting card and layering it based on your colour & framing requirements. If ordered framed, each will be mounted in a black frame with five sheets of glazing used to separate the layers thus creating a mesmerising 3D/shadow effect. Every map will be numbered, signed & dated on the reverse and be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
If you like what you see but are looking for a different location, please feel free get in contact via our contact form or email us and we will happily discuss commissioning a design to meet your requirements
Map 1: Belgravia, Chelsea, Earls Court, Kensington, Bayswater, Paddington and Hyde Park
Map 2: Fitzrovia, Mayfair, SOHO, St James's Park, Green Park, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Vauxhall, Lambeth, Southbank, Newington and Blackfriars
Map 3: The City of London, Whitechapel, Shadwell, Stepney, Spitalfields, Old Street, Wapping, Southwark, Rotherhithe, Canada Water and Bermondsey
Map 4: Bromley-By-Bow, Poplar, Blackwall, Canary Wharf, Millwall, Cubbitt town, Mudchute, the Isle of Dogs, The o2 and North Greenwich
- A stylised and curated representation of the roads, railways and footways of your chosen postcode district cut from a single sheet of premium acid-free heavyweight (Minimum 210GSM) card in your choice of colour
- The addition of two two further cut layers of premium heavyweight card are combined to provide a stylistic representation of urban areas, green spaces and waterways
- The card measures 30cm x 40cm
- Dimensions of the cut area within the card are approximately 30cm x 21cm
- Designed and individually made to order in London, England on board boat 'Plan B'
- Primarily cut with a custom built laser cutting machine to enable a level of detail and a price point that otherwise would not be possible.
- All designs are finished by hand using a scalpel, a steady hand & plenty of patience!
- Provided securely wrapped in robust packaging
- To achieve the intended shadow/3D effect & ensure longevity we strongly recommend that each layer of card is sandwiched & between separated from the next layer by a 2mm sheet of Perspex or glass.
- If framing using the recommended approach, please be aware that using a top sheet of anti-reflective/anti-glare materials will likely result in an effect you will find unacceptable due to the spacing between layers creating a 'fuzzy' view that will obscure the finer details of the design
- These products are in part manufactured using a laser cutting machine. This can leave a small amount of soot on the edges of the cut card. This is normal and care should be taken when handling these goods to avoid the soot being smudged.
- Important: These artworks are designed to be framed and protected behind Perspex or Glass.
- The artwork will be supplied mounted in a black frame measuring 43cm x 33cm x 3cm that is designed for wall hanging (Orientation dependent on the map design)
- Duotone style designs have the cut layer mounted between two sheets of Perspex and then a spacer between that and the coloured backing card to maximise the shadow/3D effect
- Multilayer style designs have a protected front sheet of Perspex and then each layer of the design is separated by an additional sheet of Perspex
- The artwork will contain a white single bevelled acid-free mount exposing approximately 29cm x 20cm of the cut card
- The mount will be sandwiched between two layers of Perspex that are placed immediately in front of the top layer of cut card
Signed & dated orders
- In pencil, the artist will note the design (e.g. 'London E14'), sign & date the piece in the bottom right-hand corner
- If the work is mounted, the mount will be signed. If the work is unmounted, the top layer of the work will be signed
- Unless otherwise stated these are not numbered (i.e. not limited edition)
- These are produced works that contain information from OSM that is available here and made available under the Open Database License (ODbL)
- We use a scale of approximately 1: 20,000 as we found it provided the most visually pleasing effect
- As these are handmade to order please allow up to three weeks for delivery (Although we will endeavour to get your artwork to you sooner!)
- If you have an urgent artwork related emergency please get in contact with your requirements including desired timings and we will see what we can do
- All items will be well wrapped and packaged to minimise the risk of 'accidents' occurring in the post
- All deliveries will require a signature upon receipt
- UK deliveries typically take 2 - 3 business days and international deliveries 3 – 10 days.
- We ship to the UK and select international destinations via express services, please get in contact if you would like to discuss shipping to other locations.
- International shipping charges (all orders delivered to an address outside the UK) DO NOT INCLUDE the applicable import duties or taxes that are due upon entry into the destination country. All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer, and must be paid at the time of delivery. Please contact your local customs office for more information.
Returns & Refunds
- As these goods are custom made (Tailor-made to order) we are afraid that returns & refunds are not accepted
- However, we will happily work with you to replace any goods that arrive in a damaged or faulty condition and do so free of charge
- Whilst we use top-quality acid-free and UV resistant materials in our goods, for maximum longevity please avoid hanging the goods in direct sunlight, areas with excess moisture or dampness (e.g. bathrooms) or places with varying levels of heat (e.g. directly above a fire or radiator)
- Perspex, as used in our framed products needs care when cleaning as it is possible to scratch it. Please clean by wiping with a dry lint free soft cloth or with a feather duster.
- See our FAQ for more general information
- Please feel free to get in contact if you still have any unanswered questions